Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Physical Therapy #1

I was really nervous going in. I didn't know what to expect and still hadn't really re-established a relationship with my right knee. I was timid and reluctant to touch my knee.

But at the beginning of PT, I was told to touch my knee and that it needs LOVE. So I felt bad because I had been so timid and scared of my knee.

So my exercises for the week are:

1) heel props
2) patellar mobilizations and also rubbing the scar tissue
3) quad sets
4) single leg raises
5) knee bending (with assistance of my left leg)
6) desensitizing knee with different fabrics

Also, I was allowed to put some pressure on my leg. Walking with the brace (locked into the straight position) and with crutches.

Finally, I was told to rely on acetominophen for pain relief because the one of the stronger painkillers makes patients emotional and constipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment