Monday, July 8, 2013

Sometimes Honey Badgers Care



I play defensive back for the Honey Badgers. And to say it nicely, "Honey badgers don't care".

So I stayed in the game and played as hard as I could after I stopped quickly to avoid a collision with my goalie and an the other team's striker. I had been running full speed when I went down.

My teammates huddled around me and when Jan tried to touch my knee, I scooted away anxiously. She said  I looked like a "dog with diarrhea". Which made me howl with laughter. Only Jan could make me laugh within minutes of destroying ligaments (yes plural) in my knee.

But I shook it off and finished the game. And the next one and the one after that.

I'm a honey badger, after all.

Or so I thought, until I heard that another player who was injured later in the same game had gone to the doctor and received some bad news. Torn ligaments. It was three weeks out from the injury and my knee was still swollen and still hurting. So I made an appointment with the sports med people.

Bad news and this time I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment